Haielle always strives to reinforce the link between health, wellness, and beauty through our holistic approach. In the last few days, it has become even clearer that we need to take good care of ourselves.
The following tips are easy to implement and the groceries can be found on a quick visit to the store, or have them delivered to your door.
- Eat well and stay hydrated: Eat a balanced diet rich in antioxidants, polyunsaturated fatty acids, polyphenols, and proteins. Great sources of these nutrients are Vegetables, Cruciferous, nuts, and berries.
- Nutritional supplements: support your diet with VITAMINA C, ECHINACEA, GINSENG, GINGER, TURMERIC, GARLIC, among others. These can be found in supermarkets, pharmacies, health food stores or online. They come in capsules, chewable tablets, powders, tinctures, and the directions and frequency can vary.2
- Sleep: According to the Mayo Clinic, “studies show that people who don’t get quality sleep or enough sleep are more likely to get sick after being exposed to a virus”.3
- Exercise regularly: “Regular exercise is one of the pillars of healthy living. It improves cardiovascular health, lowers blood pressure, helps control body weight, and protects against a variety of diseases. Exercise may contribute even more directly by promoting good circulation, which allows the cells and substances of the immune system to move through the body freely and do their job efficiently”.
- Practice mindfulness: devote some time to mindfulness through meditation, prayer, gratefulness. And don’t forget your breathing. “There are now copious amounts of evidence that training the immune system through stress reduction can be done through practicing what some have called mind-body medicine. Under this heading are a number of techniques that can, when practiced over time, have calming effects for the mind and spirit as well as anti-inflammatory effects”.5
1,2 – Jorge R. Alonso, MD. Professor at the School of Medicine (University of Buenos Aires). Chairman of the Latin American Phytomedicine Society.
3 – Lack of sleep: Can it make you sick?, Mayo Clinic.
4 – How to boost your immune system, Harvard Health Publishing.
5 – How Mindfulness Training Can Boost Your Immune System, Cleveland Clinic.
How Sleep Affects Your Immunity, Sleep Foundation.
Debunking the Myth of Exercise-Induced Immune Suppression: Redefining the Impact of Exercise on Immunological Health Across the Lifespan, The National Center for Biotechnology.
Mindfulness meditation and the immune system: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials, The National Center for Biotechnology.
Meditation improves the immune system, research shows, Association for Psychological Science.